Thursday, June 16, 2011

You make my frown turn upside down...

I love Wal-Mart.

Normally, I hate Wal-Marts with a passion. They're more gigantic than any store has a right to be, and being in one just has a tendency to send that creepy cold feeling down my spine.

But for now, Wal-Mart and I are on very friendly terms. Why? Because yesterday, I went on a quest. Tiptoeing into the music section and holding my breath, I peered at the shelves. And...there it was.


(*excuse me while I squee*)
 Yes. Owl City can even make me fall in love with huge, drafty, creepy stores where getting from the toothpaste on one side of the store to the milk on the other side takes about an hour. That's how long I've been waiting for this. That's how brilliant a certain guy named Adam Young is.

Because Owl City is more than music. It's layers and layers of imagination and color and adventure tucked into a few words and given a whimsical title. It's a place where there's always fireflies and vanilla twilights, and you return with rainbows in your veins and fresh eyes to see the beauty of this life we get to live.

So goodbye...I'm hopping in my hot air balloon and floating off to Owl City, and I may not be back for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. The new Owl City album looks really good, I'll have to check it out sometime! Did you enjoy it?

    Btw, I really like your blog! Your header .. *sighs* it's so pretty and dreamy! as the rest of the blog is. :)

    --Bella from Nweb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella!! I didn't know you were on Blogger! :D

    I LOVED All Things Bright and Beautiful. It's a very upbeat, adventurous album with some absolutely gorgeous songs! I don't know how familiar you are with the rest of his music, but the vocals and lyrics felt much stronger and more mature with this album, too.

    And thank you for your lovely comment about the header! :)

    ~Mal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were, either! I'm glad we found each other! :D ;))

    Ah, I see! =] I'm a little familiar with Adam Young's music, mostly bits and pieces. (I really love Sky Sailing.) But, I heard a few of All Things Bright and Beautiful and enjoyed them!

    You're welcome!

    --Bella

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...